From the Disney Parks Blog:
We’ve had a lot of fun with meet-ups for Toy Story Mania and “World of Color,” and we’ve received some great comments from fans who liked the events. I’ve spoken with many of you and the one request I’ve heard over and over is: “Do more and include more people!” I’ve also noticed that a lot of you are excited about the upcoming Disney film, “TRON: Legacy” and the new ElecTRONica experience at Disney California Adventure park.
So, today, I’m announcing a meet-up on October 28, 2010, for 3000 people at ElecTRONica (that’s 1500 RSVPs each valid for 2 people). Given the large amount of attendees, this will certainly be different from the first two.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Access to Disney California Adventure park at 4 p.m. and exclusive access to an after-hours ElecTRONica experience from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. on October 28. (The Park closes at 8 p.m. on October 28, and ElecTRONica normally runs on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays each week).
- Opportunity to come decked out in your best TRON or TRON-inspired costume at this special event.
- Signing opportunity with screenwriters for “TRON: Legacy,” Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. (This will be limited to 200 people. You may sign up for this opportunity when you check-in for the event on October 28).
- Opportunity to view select props and concept art from “TRON: Legacy.”
- Commemorative Flynn’s Arcade coin made just for attendees of this meet-up.
To attend, RSVP to email@example.com and follow these directions carefully:
- All guests who RSVP for the event must be 18 years or older, but your guest does not need to be 18.
- Valid RSVPs must include 1) “ElecTRONica Meet-Up RSVP” in the subject line and 2) your name in the body of the email. All RSVPs will be for the person who responds plus one guest.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
We will send an email to those who send their valid RSVP before we reach capacity to confirm their attendance for October 28. Depending on your email settings, you may not receive the confirmation email, so we recommend that you also check the list of attendees on the Disney Parks Blog. We will give an update at the top of this post that will include a link to the list of names of all confirmed attendees. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of attendees, your RSVP was not accepted.
Please note the event is subject to change or cancellation.
I’m really excited about the event, and I look forward to meeting a lot more of you on October 28.
Note that this event is already full. Emails will be sent out to the attendees